Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Washington State University Compliance and Civil Rights

Report Discrimination or Sexual Assault

Individuals experiencing discrimination or harassment, including sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking, can share information with Compliance & Civil Rights (CCR) and/or with the Lead Title IX Coordinator. There are two options available for sharing information that are explained below.

Both options are available 24/7 online, or you may file a complaint in writing by downloading the form, completing it and submitting it via email to or submitting a physical copy to Compliance & Civil Rights, French Ad 225, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164.

Please note, if you are experiencing an emergency, please dial 911.

You may report a concern anonymously. However, please be aware that anonymous reporting may limit WSU’s ability to address the concern if you are concerned about sharing your name, please know you can meet with a CCR representative in person, via telephone, or via Zoom to discuss your confidentiality concerns, prior to sharing information about any specific incidents with CCR.

Sharing information through the online form, will trigger outreach from CCR to you.  If you are in a situation where outreach may put you in further harm, please contact CCR via email, phone, or in-person, and make sure to inform the person you contact about your specific safety needs.

File a Report or Formal Complaint

You may submit online, by phone, email, mail, or in-person to:

File a Report or Complaint Online

Compliance and Civil Rights
French Ad 225
Pullman, WA 99164



Filing a Report:

CCR will provide the reporter with information on supportive measures, how to file a Formal Complaint, and the process for informal resolutions and investigations.  If you are reporting information as a third party, CCR will reach out to the complainant with the same information. Individuals should report a concern when they are seeking supportive measures, want to learn more about the process, want to share information they learned for review by the university, document concerns, or request a consultation regarding their concerns.


Filing a Formal Complaint:

Filing a formal complaint to CCR is available to persons who have experienced discrimination and harassment who are interested in a formal university response, either an investigation or informal resolution (more information available in EP 15).  After filing a formal complaint, CCR will review your complaint to determine if it is appropriate for an investigation or informal resolution under EP 15.  To proceed with an investigation or informal resolution is a formal process outlined in the CCR Procedural Guidelines, and for which the person accused of misconduct will be notified.

If you are not sure if this is the right option for you, please choose instead to report your concerns and a CCR representative will explain the formal complaint process in more detail to you and answer any questions you may have.

Procedural Guidelines for Responding to Allegations of Violations of Executive Policy 15: WSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment.

Student Conduct Standards are available through the WAC at Standards of Conduct for Students.

WSU’s Amnesty Statement regarding alcohol and drug use in reporting sexual misconduct. 

Academic Concerns

If you have concerns about academics and the switch to online instruction please reach out to the resources below: