Vancouver Resources

Confidential Resources

In most instances, service providers from the following resources can speak with you confidentially about your concerns:

WSU Vancouver Counseling Services

WSU Vancouver Counseling Services offers:

  • Short-term individual counseling
  • Long-term group counseling
  • Psychological testing
  • Workshops and presentations
  • Crisis and consultation services. 

Contact WSU Vancouver Counseling Services by calling 360-546-9238.

WSU Vancouver Health Services

WSU Vancouver Health Services provides:

  • Basic health care
  • Reproductive care
  • STI (including HIV) testing

Call 360-546-9238 to schedule an appointment.

Clark County Crisis Line

Mental health crisis line: 800-626-8137.

HealthiestYou App

Free online counseling through the HealthiestYou App, a 24-hour telehealth service that connects you with a board-certified physician via phone or video chat. Students who have WSU’s graduate or international student health insurance can access their student portal here.

Employee Assistance Program

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) helps WA State Government employees and their family members resolve personal or work-related problems through:

  • Counseling
  • Legal Consultation
  • Financial Counseling

Using your EAP does not cost you anything. 1-877-313-4455

Vancouver Crime Victim Services Center

Vancouver Crime Victim Services offers:

  • Medical and Legal Advocacy
  • Information and referral
  • Counseling
  • Support groups
  • Education and Prevention

Call 360-694-5624 for more information.

Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center

The Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center has a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) available to provide evidence gathering medical examinations for victims of sexual assault. 360-487-1000

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

1-800-273-TALK (8255) Press 1 for veteran’s services. Prefer text-based assistance? Try the Lifeline Chat.

National Sexual Assault Hotline

The RAINN Hotline offers 24/7 confidential support. For text support and more specific hotline services, visit RAINN’s website. 800-656-4673

Free Clinic Directory

Information about free and low-cost health care options in the state of Washington.

University Resources

These offices share information only on a need-to-know basis but cannot guarantee confidentiality.  Unless designated as a confidential resource, WSU employees are required to report incidents of sexual harassment and misconduct to CCR or the WSU Title IX Coordinator.

Compliance and Civil Rights (CCR)

CCR works closely with CCS on student matters or HRS on employee matters involving discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual misconduct. CCR conducts investigations, makes findings of fact, and determines whether Executive Policy 15: WSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment was violated. CCR also provides trainings about discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct. Housed on the Pullman Campus, CCR works with all WSU Campuses across the system. Interpretive services are available. French 220, 509-335-8288.

Center For Community Standards

CCS administers the student conduct system and addresses potential violations of the WSU Standards of Conduct for Students. CCS participates in investigative meetings with CCR and addresses any disciplinary action, as appropriate, after the investigation is complete. CCS is housed on the Pullman Campus but works closely with conduct officers on all campuses. The same Standards of Conduct apply to all students, regardless of their campus location. French Ad 130, 509-335-4532.

Human Resource Services (HRS)

HRS assist individuals with their employment needs. HRS occasionally works with CCR when matters that implicate EP 15 may also implicate policies within the purview of HRS. HRS may also work with supervisors to address any disciplinary action, as appropriate, after the preliminary investigation is complete. While HRS is housed on the Pullman Campus, there are representatives from HRS on each campus system-wide.

Office of Student Affairs

The Office of Student Affairs houses the Title IX Liaison.  The Title IX Liaison works closely with CCR on student conduct cases involving discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct. The Title IX Liaison participates in preliminary investigative meetings and helps make findings of fact, and determine whether the WSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct (Executive Policy 15) was violated. 360-546-9571.

WSU Vancouver Access Center

The WSU Vancouver Access Center provides accommodations for those with temporary, chronic, or permanent physical, health, learning, sensory, or psychological disabilities. If you have questions or need help with accommodations call 360-546-9739.

Gender Inclusive Restrooms

A gender inclusive restroom is one that anyone of any gender can use. They benefit all people, including people who are gender diverse, transgender, parents/caregivers and people with personal attendants.

WSU Vancouver Veteran Services

the Office of Veterans Affairs can answer questions concerning VA education benefits, while serving as a liaison to other university offices, schools, the VA, and the military services. The transition from military service to higher education can be challenging. The SVC and Office of Veteran Affairs can provide you with the support to help you reach your goals. 360-546-9570.

Center for Intercultural Learning and Affirmation

Find information relating to:

  • Scholarships
  • Foster-Care Support
  • Gender-Inclusive restrooms
  • Prayer space

Call 360-546-9182 for more information.

Police & Legal Resources

In Case of Emergency Call 911

WSU Vancouver Police Department

Law enforcement: 360-546-9001. Text number: 360-690-1527.

City of Vancouver Police Department

Law enforcement: 360-487-7400.

Northwest Justice Project Free Legal Hotline (CLEAR)

Coordinated Legal Education Advice and Referrals (CLEAR) is Washington state’s publicly funded legal aid program. CLEAR provides free legal assistance and representation to those who qualify based on income. You can also visit the CLEAR website for legal education materials and tools. Central line 1-888-201-1012

Printable Handouts

In addition, printer-friendly resource flyers in PDF format are available at the following links: