Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Washington State University Compliance and Civil Rights

Resources – Spokane

The list below includes confidential and non-confidential resources at WSU and in the Spokane community.

Confidential Resources

In most instances, service providers from the following resources can speak with you confidentially about your concerns:

WSU Counseling

WSU Counseling provides confidential and private counseling and can provide information about referrals and options, including helping you to access services related to academics, housing, transportation, and medication referrals. 509-358-7740.

WSU Mental Health Crisis Line

Mental Health Crisis line: 509-368-6500.

Spokane County Crisis Line     

Mental health crisis line.  1-877-678-4428.

Student Health Services

HWS offers a range of health services for students.  509-358-7963.  For more information, visit the Student Health Services.


Free online counseling through the HealthiestYou App, a 24-hour telehealth service that connects you with a board-certified physician via phone or video chat.

Employee Assistance Program

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) helps WA State Government employees and their family members resolve personal or work-related problems.  Using your EAP does not cost you anything.  1-877-313-4455.

YWCA Alternatives to Domestic Violence Program

A 24-hour crisis line and comprehensive domestic violence program for victims and survivors offering free and confidential services.  Services include the crisis line, safe shelter, legal advocacy, advocacy-based counseling, child advocacy, and support groups. Domestic violence advocates are available for safety planning, help finding community resources, and supportive listening.  509-326-2255.

Sexual Assault and Family Trauma (SAFeT) Response Center

SAFeT provides victim-centered services to survivors of sexual violence, including a 24-hour crisis line, medical and legal advocacy, information and referral, counseling, support groups, and education and prevention.  509-624-7273.  For more information, visit the Sexual Assault and Family Trauma Response Center


1-800-273-TALK (8255) Press 1 for veteran’s services.

 Community Health Services

Information about free and low-cost health care options.


University Resources

These offices share information only on a need-to-know basis but cannot guarantee confidentiality.  Unless designated as a confidential resource, WSU employees are required to report incidents of sexual harassment and misconduct to CCR or the WSU Title IX Coordinator.

WSU Spokane Office of Student Affairs

Student Affairs administers the student conduct system and addresses potential violations of the WSU Standards of Conduct for Students.  Student Affairs participates in investigative meetings with CCR and addresses any disciplinary action, as appropriate, after the investigation is complete.  In addition, the Office of Student Affairs can assist you in coordinating resources and support.  509-358-7537.

 Compliance and Civil Rights (CCR) 

CCR works closely with CCS on student matters or HRS on employee matters involving discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual misconduct.  CCR conducts investigations, makes findings of fact, and determines whether the WSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct (Executive Policy 15) was violated.  CCR also provides trainings about discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct.  Interpretive services are available.  509-335-8288.

Center for Community Standards

CCS administers the student conduct system and addresses potential violations of the WSU Standards of Conduct for Students.  CCS participates in investigative meetings with CCR and addresses any disciplinary action, as appropriate, after the investigation is complete. 509-358-7537.

Spokane Human Resources

Human Resources assists individuals with their employment needs.   509-358-7566.  For more information, visit Human Resources

WSU Spokane Access Services

WSU Spokane’s Access Services works with the Office of Student Affairs and other university and community offices to eliminate barriers so that students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to be successful.  509-358-7816.

Office of Veterans Affairs & Student Veterans Center (SVC)

The WSU SVC is a place to meet fellow veteran students, relax between classes, use the ample table space for study groups, take advantage of student computers and printers, learn about VA education benefits and University resources, employment, and involvement opportunities, and attend various workshops.  Located within the SVC, the Office of Veterans Affairs can answer questions concerning VA education benefits, while serving as a liaison to other university offices, schools, the VA, and the military services.  The transition from military service to higher education can be challenging.  The SVC and Office of Veterans Affairs can provide you with the support to help you reach your goals.  509-358-7530.

Police Resources

WSU Spokane Campus Security

Law enforcement for on-campus incidents.  509-357-7995.

Spokane Police Department 

Law enforcement for all off-campus incidents.  509-411-5980.


Legal Resources

Northwest Justice Project Free Legal Hotline (CLEAR)

CLEAR is Washington state’s publicly funded legal aid program.  CLEAR provides free legal assistance and representation to those who qualify on the basis of income. You can also visit the CLEAR website for legal education materials and tools.  1-888-201-1012.

All documents are available in alternate accessible formats upon request.

In addition, printer-friendly resource flyers in PDF format are available here: