Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Washington State University Compliance and Civil Rights

Resources – Global Campus

The list below includes resources available to Global Campus students  at WSU nationally, and globally.

University Resources

These offices share information only on a need-to-know basis but cannot guarantee confidentiality.  Unless designated as a confidential resource, WSU employees are required to report incidents of sexual harassment and misconduct to CCR or the WSU Title IX Coordinator.

Global Campus Student Services 

Global Campus Student Services houses the Title IX Liaison for the Global Campus and works closely with the CCR on student conduct cases involving discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct. 800-222-4978.

Office of the Dean of Students 

DOS can assist you in coordinating resources and support, such as making changes in classes or your schedule and can assist you with other challenges you may encounter.  This office also has Student Conduct Advisors available to help students understand the conduct process, resources, and their options.  French 134,  509-335-5757.

Compliance and Civil Rights (CCR) 

CCR works closely with CCS on student matters or HRS on employee matters involving discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual misconduct.  CCR conducts investigations, makes findings of fact, determines whether the WSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct (Executive Policy 15) was violated.  CCR also provides trainings about discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct.  Interpretive services available.  French 225, 509-335-8288.

Center for Community Standards

CCS administers the student conduct system and addresses potential violations of the WSU Standards of Conduct for Students.  CCS participates in investigative meetings with CCR and addresses any disciplinary action, as appropriate, after the investigation is complete.  French Ad 130, 509-335-4532.

Office of the University Ombudsman

The ombudsman is designated by the university to function as an impartial and neutral resource to assist all members of the university community.  The ombudsman provides information relating to university policies and procedures and facilitates the resolution of problems and grievances through informal investigation and mediation.  The office does not replace or supersede other university grievances, complaint, or appeal procedures.  509-335-1195.

Access Center

The Access Center provides accommodations and services to incoming and current WSU students with disabilities, psychological or medical conditions, or temporary injuries that limit their access to the educational environment. 509-335-3417.

Office of Veterans Affairs & Student Veterans Center (SVC)

The WSU SVC can answer questions concerning VA education benefits, while serving as a liaison to other university offices, schools, the VA, and the military services.  The transition from military service to higher education can be challenging.  The SVC and Office of Veteran Affairs can provide you with the support to help you reach your goals.  509-335-1234.

Global Campus

Global Campus provides information on student grievances and complaints processes for non-residents through their WSU Global Campus Student Complaint Process. 1-800-222-4978, 509-335-3557.

Additional Non-WSU Resources – National

In cases of emergency, please dial 911 or contact your local law enforcement agency.

Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN)

RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (1-800-656-HOPE) which provides free, confidential services 24 hours a day.  RAINN also partners with many local rape crisis centers across the country and operates the DoD Safe Helpline (1-877-995-5247) for the Department of Defense.  Information about local counseling centers and victim advocates can also be found on their website. 1-800-656-HOPE.

The National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH)

NDVH provides confidential and free support to victims of domestic violence 24 hours a day.  Advocates can provide information on safety planning and local resources, as well as provide referral services. 1-800-799-7233.


1-800-273-TALK (8255) Press 1 for veteran’s services.


Free online counseling through the HealthiestYou App, a 24-hour telehealth service that connects you with a board-certified physician via phone or video chat.

Additional Non-WSU Resources – Global

U.S. Department of State – Travel Information by Regions

The State Department’s Office of American Services and Crisis Management (ACS) administers the Consular Information Program, which informs the public of conditions abroad that may affect their safety and security.  Country Specific Information, Travel Alerts, and Travel Warnings are vital parts of this program.

9-1-1 Emergency Contact Numbers Abroad

U.S. consular officers are located at over 260 Foreign Service posts abroad. There are also consular officers in 46 foreign cities without U.S. embassies or consulates. They’re ready to provide assistance if you need it. From the U.S. or Canada, call 1-888-407-4747, or from overseas call 202-501-4444.

U.S. Department of State – Help for U.S. Citizens of Crime Overseas

Consular officers, agents, and staff work with crime victims and help them with the local police and medical systems.  Overseas Citizens Services will stay in touch with family members in the United States and help provide U.S.-based resources for the victim when possible.  From the U.S. or Canada, call 1-888-407-4747, or from overseas call 202-501-4444.

In addition, printer-friendly resource flyers in PDF format are available at the following links: