Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Washington State University Compliance and Civil Rights

Resources – Bremerton

The list below includes confidential and non-confidential resources at WSU and in the Everett community.

Confidential Resources

In most instances, service providers from the following resources can speak with you confidentially about your concerns:

Kitsap Sexual Assault Center

Kitsap Sexual Assault center provides free, confidential, individual and family advocacy for victims of sexual assault those hurt by crime, including therapy, support groups, advocacy, crisis intervention, personal support, information, and referral services. 24-hour hotline: 360-4769-8500.

Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribal Victim Services

Direct services for victims of crimes. 360-297-6299

YWCA of Kitsap County

Provides comprehensive domestic violence services for survivors in need, including emergency shelters.  1-800-500-5513

 St. Michaels Medical Center

Patient and family medical care, including sexual assault examinations.  425-316-5000


Free online counseling through the HealthiestYou App, a 24-hour telehealth service that connects you with a board-certified physician via phone or video chat.

Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) helps WA State Government employees and their family members resolve personal or work-related problems.  Using your EAP does not cost you anything.  1-877-313-4455.

Kitsap County Crisis Line

Mental health crisis line.  888-910-0416


1-800-273-TALK (8255) Press 1 for veteran’s services.

Free Clinic Directory

Information about free and low-cost health care options.


University Resources

These offices share information only on a need-to-know basis but cannot guarantee confidentiality.  Unless designated as a confidential resource, WSU employees are required to report incidents of sexual harassment and misconduct to CCR or the WSU Title IX Coordinator.

Compliance and Civil Rights (CCR)

CCR works closely with CCS on student matters or HRS on employee matters involving discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct.  CCR conducts investigations, makes findings of fact, and determines whether the WSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct (Executive Policy 15) was violated.  CCR also provides trainings about discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct.  Interpretive services are available.  French 225, 509-335-8288.

Center for Community Standards

CCS administers the student conduct system and addresses potential violations of the WSU Standards of Conduct for Students.  CCS participates in investigative meetings with CCR and addresses any disciplinary action, as appropriate, after the investigation is complete.  French Ad 130, 509-335-4532.

Human Resource Services (HRS)

HRS assists individuals with their employment needs.  509-335-4521.

Dean of Students (DOS)

DOS can assist you in coordinating resources and support, such as making changes in classes or your schedule.  This office also can help your resolve housing issues, notify faculty if you will be leaving campus for a short time, and assist you with other challenges you may encounter.  This office also has Student Conduct Advisors available to help students understand the conduct process, resources, and their options.

Office of Veterans Affairs

The Office of Veterans Affairs housed on the Pullman campus can answer questions concerning VA education benefits, while serving as a liaison to other university offices, schools, the VA, and the military services.  The transition from military service to higher education can be challenging.  The SVC and Office of Veteran Affairs can provide you with the support to help you reach your goals.  509-335-1234.

Police Resources

Everett Police Department

Law enforcement.  425-257-8700.

Bremerton Police Department

Non-emergencies: 360-473-5220

Online reporting for non-emergencies: Online Form


Legal Resources

 Northwest Justice Project Free Legal Hotline (CLEAR)

CLEAR is Washington state’s publicly funded legal aid program.  CLEAR provides free legal assistance and representation to those who qualify on the basis of income. You can also visit the CLEAR website for legal education materials and tools.  1-888-201-1012.

Legal Services and Venues 

Links for legal services and venues in Kitsap County.